UPDATE ON KIDNEY THERAPIES
Saturday 23 October 2021 at the Labourdonnais Hotel, Port-Louis.
Approved for 4 CPD points by the Medical Council of Mauritius
As per the hotel regulations, and current prevailing sanitary conditions,please bring your NIC and Vaccination Cards
You can present your parking coupon at the hotel reception upon leaving for endorsement for free parking.
Your CPD certificate will be delivered tomorrow itself during the event. For those who need receipts, please contact Dr Bheekharry.. Do collect all before leaving.
Provisional programme of the symposium:
15.00 Introduction (Dr K Fagoonee and D Ip)
15.10 Never underestimate kidney sepsis. A Clinical case discussion. (Dr N Bakerally, JNH)
15.55 SGLT2i and cardiovascular outcomes: what have we learnt? (Dr Mahadeb)
16.40 AV fistulas: The present and the future. (Dr K Sibartie, JNH)
17.25 Tea and coffee
18.00 Drug therapy for autosomal dominant polycystic kidneys. (Dr Bheekharry, VH)
18.45 Bone and vascular health in CKD: is Mauritius doing enough? (Dr D Ip, SSRNH)
19.30 Concluding remarks (Dr Ruhooputh Secretary)
Arrival coffee break
Tea, coffee, juice
Tart topped with Greek cheese (V)
Mini banana & cinnamon financier
Tea, coffee, juice
Assorted brown and white sandwiches with tomato and cream cheese (V)
Mini tartelette with pickled fruits
Salmon tartar marinated with lemon, served on a chives blinis and complimented with a light cottage cheese cream
Stuffed tomato with mozzarella and olive tapenade and drizzled with Aragula gazpacho (v)
Crispy tofu and eggplant laced in buttery tomato sauce, cardamom and garam masala served with basmati saffron rice cake (v)
Braised chiken Tournedos, onion compote enhanced with thyme, gratinated potato and served with a grilled bell Pepper sauce
Chocolate and red berries meringue tart
• Booking is on a first come first served basis given available places are limited due to the current health regulations protocol and is not secured until payment is made.
• Full payment to be completed before the event.
• Tea break and dinner will be held outdoors. A spacious and well ventilated conference hall has been selected.
• All infection control protocols will be respected. Wearing of masks and maintenance of social distancing are compulsory within the venue.
• Presentation of a COVID 19 vaccination card is required. For non-vaccinated attendees, the exemption certificate as issued by the Ministry of Health and Wellness and a negative PCR test dated not later than 7 days prior to the event are required.
Booking and payment
One entry for the symposium:
- Members: Free
- Non-members: Rs 2000 via internet banking at the following account
Pay preferably by internet banking to The Renal Association account at State Bank of Mauritius A/C 50300000600503 with the comment ‘Fees for 3nd Kidney Symposium from Dr Xxx’
Alternatively pay by cash through Dr S Fedally or Dr P Ancharaz (Bruno Cheong Hospital), Dr D Ip (SSR National Hospital), Dr K Fagoonee (AG Jeetoo Hospital), Dr G Bheekharry (Victoria Hospital) and Dr I Oozeereally (J Nehru Hospital)
Friday 6 October 2021. We are full.